Whatcha looking for?



Monday, December 26, 2011

Burberry Baby Pink Silk Crepe Dress


Does this remind anyone of Baby Dior's watercolor silk dress from last year??? And I am not at all saying that as a bad thing; in no way do I think that Burberry copied Baby Dior. I think this is another prime example of how while it is exciting and cutting-edge to explore new styles and crazy stuff, it is equally as admirable to stick close to the classics: silk, soft feminine colors, subtle embellishments, and traditional form. If you can put a new spin on a classic that has always been admired, I think that can sometimes be more impressive than creating something completely new and wild. Maybe this is the after-Christmas exhaustion and too-much-Christmas-wine-detox talking, but tonight I am in a traditional mood and this dress is pleasing it. Find it for $155.00 at Children Salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment