Whatcha looking for?



Saturday, June 25, 2011

Great for Nurseries: Dream Catchers.

I have always had an affinity for dream catchers. I remember when I was maybe 9 years old, my parents got me a dream catcher kit for my birthday. I read the little note inside about what they were, then looked at the picture and thought, "There is no way I can make this."                                                                                                                                                                                                               It was so elaborate, I remember perfectly: the outside was wrapped in brown leather, there were beige and blue beads, blue feathers, and strings that I tied to it with  more feathers that hung down. I made it, all by myself, and kept that thing for probably 10 years. If you are looking for a GREAT gift idea for a 8-12 year old, get them a dream catcher kit. Trust me.                                                                                                                                                         So anyway, ever since then, I have loved the things. When I saw this pretty little creation by Boutique Brands, I was instantly in love. It is everything girly with sparkles and beads and even a little fairy hanging from the bottom. Maybe instead of the traditional mobile, you could hang one of these above your baby's crib. Let the good dreams through, filter out the bad. This is a steal, for only $20.00 at Children Salon.

No comments:

Post a Comment