Whatcha looking for?



Monday, May 16, 2011

Marie Laure Renier's Le Carrousel : A Fresh Idea from France


Those who know me know that I am always on the lookout for anything and everything new and interesting. I always have my eye out for someone who does something different, and I found a bit of that at Le Carrousel, a French clothing boutique with a website that pretty much lets you design your own outfits by letting you pick the colors, patterns, and combinations you desire. Born in August 2010, the idea is pretty simple, and pretty genius: you have your basic clothing pieces: shirts, bloomers, overalls, dresses, headbands, you name it. When you select each piece on the website, you are shown multiple fabric choices that are a fun mix of French country meets French sophisticated. Those who know me also know that the classic yet modern combo is pretty much a home run in my book. Each piece you choose is then hand-made by the designer, Marie Laure Renier. Kind of awesome, right? Here are some great examples of her creations:




Check out the collection at www.lecarrousel.org, and they even have a blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment